Smoked Bacon Corn Chowder
– 1 cup bacon, chopped
– 1/4 cup onion, diced
– 1/4 cup carrot, diced
– 1/4 cup celery, diced
– 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
– 2 cups corn kernels
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
– 1cup potato, diced
– 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
– 1 tablespoon black pepper
– Salt, to taste
Steps to execute
1. Set the cooker on [Browning fry] level 6. Place bacon, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic in the inner pot and cook until bacon is brown. (Approx. 8 mins)
2. Once brown, add chicken broth, corn, potato, and pepper. Set the cooker on [Soup] for 1hr.
3. Once the cooker has finished cooking, open the lid. Pour in heavy cream and stir.
4. Place soup in a bowl and garnish with green onion.
*Tip: For more spice, add your favorite hot sauce.